Special Jewellery: Peridot
Posted: Aug 01 2015
image source: www.freedigitalphotos.net
I don't know what it is about the peridot stone but I can't get enough of it. The bright green colour and beauty gets me every time. Is it because it's a bright Summer colour that just makes you feel calm and confident or that is just so damn hot right now.
You've got it. If it's green. It's peridot. It's August. Peridot is also birthstone for September and October
The August birthstone is Peridot.
1. Peridot gemstones have been in use for many thousands of years, and were historically called Olivine.
2. The peridot was regarded since ancient times as the symbol of the sun.
3. During the Middle Ages, peridots were pierced, strung on the hair of an ass and then attached to the left arm to ward off evil spirits. The Crusaders believed peridots were emeralds, and brought them back to Europe to be ornaments in churches. And, In ancient times it was believed that Peridot was a gift of Mother Nature to celebrate the annual creation of a new world.
4. Peridot is one of the few gemstones that exists in only one colour - the eye catching and incredibly distinctive signature lime green colour. The green colour is the presence of iron
5. Peridot is said to bring the wearer magical powers and healing properties to protect against nightmares. And important for cellular rejuvenation and to help with the problems associated with ageing.
6. Other healing properties include: compassion, balance, friendly, prosperity, power, influence, confidence, clarity, assertiveness, manifesting money.
7. Seen as a high-vibrational Heart Chakra - the Peridot carries energy that is helpful for undergoing traumatic emotional situations and to bring unconditional love and aid healing.