Bespoke jewellery: July birthstone
Posted: Jul 01 2015
image source: freedigitalphotos.net
July birthstone is Ruby
Thinking of Rubies and the Ruby red colour just makes me smile and feel warm inside. The deep red colour and classic yet opulent feel just do it for me every time. The fact that a Ruby is not just July's birthstone but also December and January say it all. They are extraordinarily beautiful and a stone that everyone should own - no matter how big or small.
It is often said that there’s no better way to show your love than by giving a ruby in celebration of a July birthday. Rubies arouse the senses, stir the imagination, and are ooze success.
Seven key and interesting facts about Rubies
1. The word ruby is derived from the Latin word 'ruber' meaning red. It was once used to describe all red stones- including red garnet and red tourmaline.
2. Ruby is a type of corundum (a hard and stable mineral and the hardest mineral after diamonds). It's often found inter-grown with a variety of different colours of Sapphire.
3. The Ruby is up there as being one of the most highly prized of gemstones as they are incredibly hard to find - even more so than large diamonds and emeralds. The value increases with size more than other gemstones. Throughout the ages, rubies have been the prized possession of emperors and kings and to this day the Ruby is the most valued gemstone.
3. Rubies were believed to contain the spark of life and often quoted ”a deep drop of the heart’s blood of Mother Earth”.
5. Ancient Orientals believed that the Ruby was self-luminous; they called it “glowing stone” or “lamp stone.”
6. Healing properties associated with Rubies include: Integrity, devotion, happiness, prosperity, generosity, love, passion, courage, emotion, health, wisdom, wealth and success in love.
7. Associated with the root chakra which allows you to release extra energy and connect with the earth in order to ground and balance you. Bonus!
With Kat&Bee's Finer Collection you can choose a gemstone to match your (or a friend's) birthstone and create a beautiful bespoke piece that has meaning, generosity, wisdom and love. Do it!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisations.